Saturday, November 22, 2008

Before the four year saga unfolded!!!

Let us go back to 2004. I had done with my 12th standard board exams and all the entrance tests. And then, there was a long, long gap. A time pretty similar to what I am going through now. When I was left with nothing to do; a long period of sitting idle. Freshly out of school. It was difficult for me to leave school. But nothing in comparison to what I would feel four years down the line, when i was to leave college. Here, more than the pain, I was excited about all that was in store for me; having heard that college life is the best years of any person's life.

The results came. I had ended up with a descent entrance rank, after all the slogging that I had to do for 2 years. Then, some decisions were to be made. Which college to join, which branch to choose, etc... The opinion at home was to send me to Model Engineering College. The college had a good reputation and was very close to home. So I could stay at home during my engineering. Honestly, I didn't know what I wanted at that time. And I agreed to this proposal. I had wanted the CS branch and when the last years records were checked, it was found I could comfortably make it to MEC for CSE. So that was decided.

As we all would remember, the counseling got very much delayed that year. The student's federation SFI didn't approve to the so called "vidyabhasa kachavadam" of the UDF government. A lot of chaos ensued and we were all kept waiting that much longer.

Around this time, I was going to my dad's native place(which is Kattapana, Idukki district). Normally we go through another route(Thodupuzha-Moolamattam). But not this time. I passed through Aluva, then Perumbavoor and then a place called Kothamangalam. I remembered having read somewhere that there was a well-known engineering college here. I saw a big board at a place (which ,now i know, is Thangalam) which said Mar Athanasius College Of Engineering and an arrow which pointed into a very narrow road which looked devoid of any civilization and filled with pot-holes. I wondered how such a reputed college could be located at this little place. And thought "Ho!!!! Ivide okke padikunnonde oru avastha!!!!"

Ha ha!!! I didn't have the remotest of idea at that time that I would end-up at this very college located in this tiny, 'uncivilized' place and thoroughly enjoy my time here. Life, sometimnes, is strange!!!! Plays tricks with you!!!

3 comments:

Shefeek Jinnah said...

yeahhh..true..Before coming to MACE,me too heard that kothamangalam is a very remote place.....But now i knw Kothamnagalam is the real Gate Way Of High Range.ANd there is nothing which is not available in this small place....

Shefeek Jinnah said...

And there are many tourist spots with in our reach(<100 km) .....The most imp factor which made our life there amazing

Anonymous said...

PC nice start keep going...my case is bit diffrnt,i always wanted to study at mace,only becz of its reputation,and i ended up somwher else in d beging,and wen startd loving that place fate uprootd me again and plantd me at KLM....it became the GOLDEN ERA of my life....